Thursday 15 December 2011

Chocolate orange cheesecake

Today I'm having a few friends over for festive food and nattering. I'm not really celebrating Christmas this year its all a bit too soon after Andy dying. I don't have a Christmas tree but I planted an apple tree in our garden. I still wanted to see our friends though so I'm having a day in the kitchen making lovely grub for them to enjoy. I'm gonna try and recreate this chocolate orange cheesecake and if it goes to plan I'll post the recipe, and if I can find my pipping bag I'm gonna make tardis cookie



Update Chocolate orange cheesecake mark 2 is ready and here's the recipe

Chocolate orange cheesecake

You will need

Small pack of digestive biscuits

100g Unsalted butter melted

284g pot of Double cream whipped

600g cream cheese

3 large spoonfuls of icing sugar

2 packs milk chocolate melted

2 teaspoons of orange flavouring

1 chocolate orange

Sprinkles

Cake tin

Start with the base

Crush the biscuits to crumbs, add the melted butter and stir well to combine

Put the mix into the cake tin and press down to create and even base.

Put this in the freezer for 15-20mins to set

Cheesecake filling

Whip the cream cheese and icing sugar and orange flavouring together

Fold in the whipped cream and melted chocolate

Spoon over the set base and even out with the back of a spoon

Place the chocolate orange pieces around and decorate with sprinkles

Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to set

Enjoy x

2 comments: