Sunday 29 January 2012

Strange inspiration

I get inspiration for my amiugurumis from all over. The Internet, books, going for walks, TV, radio, museums and stupid things my cats do but I'm pretty sure I've never had a dream about making a new amigurumi.
That is until the early hours of this morning when I woke from a very strange dream where I was trying to teach Jon Richardson of comedy fame how to crochet an octopus.
Now I'm a big fan of Jon Richardson, I've been following his work since his radio show with Russell Howard and I always feel Sunday mornings aren't quite the same since it went off air. I've been to see him live a couple of times and have laughed so much my face still hurt the next day. I think its fab he's on telly a bit more now. I'm quite a perfectionist myself and have a lot of strange habits but I just don't quite understand why he turned up in my dream, wielding a crochet hook, shouting at me cause I haven't explained how to increase properly and telling me my octopus looked to cheery. Still it gave me a giggle when I woke up and now I have a great idea of an amigurumi octopus.

Plus I've been meaning to read this for ages and just noticed the kindle version is out so thats next book on my reading list sorted and I've seen Jon is touring again so I can go and see him in March and have another giggle :)
Now to crack on with my too cheery octopus x

No comments:

Post a Comment