Thursday 16 February 2012

Morning in the graden

 Well I was going to spend the morning finishing off some of my UFOs but the garden was calling and I couldn't stop myself from heading out there to give it its first proper spruce up of the year.
 I am lucky that I have such a large garden and I'm lucky that I had a wonderful man who would happily sit reading and laughing at me while I pottered about in the garden talking to plants and having a merry old time. I put a lot of hard work into the garden last year and I was glad to see while clearing and weeding today that I should be rewarded for it this year. All in all I think I've put in over 2000 bulbs, most of the snowdrops are out and today I saw mt first 2 bright yellow crocus (not my photo above as I didn't take my camera into the garden), hiding away they were under some fallen leaves and when I found them I had that first real squee of spring.
 It won't be long before the daffodils, tulips and alliums are out and my garden will be full of colour again.


No comments:

Post a Comment