Tuesday 1 May 2012

Harrogate flower show

Its a bit of a family tradition or ours to go to the Harrogate flower show. I've been going to it all long as I can remember and I love it. It nearly always rains and this year we weren't let down, there is such a joy in seeing ladies dressed up to the nines ankle deep in mud and clutching brolly's against the rain :) I love the rain and while everyone made for the cover of the indoor areas I was able to wander around and see the show gardens without having to elbow my way through the crowds.

 This was my favourite of the show gardens. Silver birches, alliums, wisteria and other beautiful planting in purples and whites, makes the perfect garden to relax in.
 Ooh I do love alliums, mine are just about to come out in my garden, I'm hoping to have some white ones this year as they were all lilac last year.

 I love how modern this garden is and the idea of having a libary in the garden is pure bliss :)
 This succulent garden was set into the paving, I think I might have to have a go at something like this.
 The sun did come out for a few minutes and it was lovely to listen to the band and have a bit of a boogie.
 I when with a long list of things I wanted to buy and was very lucky to get everything I wanted at a very good price although I could have very easily blown the budget at the hosta stands.


It was a great day and I look forward to the Autumn show. Now I just needs a few days of nice weather so I can get everything planted and the garden spruced up.

No comments:

Post a Comment