Thursday 2 August 2012

Ghost on a swing

I've been playing with fimo again.

I deciede to make the bow and arrow set for my princess doll out of fimo and while it was out I had a little play. With halloween just round the corner I thought it was time to use my glow in the dark fimo and inspired by a picture on pintrest this is what I can up with.

 Its a glow in the dark ghost on a swing necklace!!!  Seriously, I could not be happier with this. I wore it to work yesterday and not only way this little happy ghost having a jolly old time on his swing every time I looked down but every time I went into the stockroom or kitchen he'd start glowing. He got a lot of looks, smiles and comments from my customers too :) I'm know I'm a big kid but I can honestly say I have never had a necklace that gave me more pleasure. I was giggling away to myself all day. I wanted to go running to the nearest park after work and play on the swings, but the I remembered I was a grown up who had a bus to catch and cleaning to do :(
 I got Leah our Saturday girl to model it for me so I could take some pictures.

Very bad picture as I had to play about with the contrast to get it to show up but look at it glowing :)

Ooh I do love glow in the dark stuff, what can I make next?. Stop Press!! I've just discovered some glow in the dark yarn so I can make a mini crochet ghost on a swing necklace :-D

Update;

 I got a lovely surprise my little ghosty was featured on cheezburger network must have cute and so I've decided to make a few more they are available to buy in my etsy shop


4 comments:

  1. This is so cute and the glow in the dark makes it extra fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever considered selling these on Etsy? I know I'd buy one!

    ReplyDelete