Monday 15 October 2012

Pin cushions and pretty things

Its been a strange week I've had my article on blogging published in Lets knit. I've a new magazine commission for an amigurumi pattern and I've been writing up some more patterns for my etsy shop. I can't show you any photos of those yet so I'll share with you what I've been making in my spare time ;)

The mobile cases I was working on last week are now finished.







 As a kid I used to love playing with fuzzy felt and making these mobile cases is just as much fun. I got some amazing colours of felt from lupin on esty and spend a day cutting out all the different flower shapes and leaves till I had a jar full of pretty felt shapes. I then layer up the flowers and leaves in different colour combinations, hand embroider the detail and add vintage mother of pearl buttons to finish them off.
 These are great for gifts you have to post as they are light, and unbreakable :)


I've also been using up some odds and ends of fabric and making pincushions. I made one of these cause I needed a pin cushion and couldn't fine one I liked. I enjoyed making it so much I decided to make some for the craft fair as they might go down well as a cute gift. The picture above is of my second batch as my boss at Duttons for buttons bought the whole of the first batch off me to sell in the shop.

I'm linking in with handmade monday

10 comments:

  1. It's all so pretty, I love the felt colours and will be off to check out that Etsy shop! The pincushions are cute too, the buttons really add a lovely finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of the felts, and the stitching details add the right touch. Great idea about the pin cushions, I could do with putting my fabric bits to good use!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the phone cases! Such a good idea for a present! beautiful colours too. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty phone cases. The flowers match the cases nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your phone cases are gorgeous and very unusual. The pincushions are lovely and obviously very popular. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really lovely. I'm making a phone case at the moment and felt has come in really useful for it. I love the flowers on yours and I always love buttons in a project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely floral design and i loved seeing them in all their colour variations

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the different combinations of colours. Well; done on selling the first lot of pincushions.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are beautiful, Liz, and I love felt crafts. Your cases have great dimensional appeal.

    ReplyDelete