Sunday 15 September 2013

Makes and models

While I haven't had a lot of time for crafting this week I do have a lot to show you. This happens sometimes, I don't have time to start anything new so I get time finish off some of the works in progress that linger in my makes  box. Makes it look like I've been really busy but not really.

First up is the partner to green jumper bunny. Blue jumper bear. This bear was all but made and just needed sewing together but he just didn't look right. I had made him like a true old fashioned bear with a standing out muzzle, but I wasn't happy with it. In a fit of wimsey I changed it for a felt patch muzzle. While he still looks a bit angry, I am much happier with this bear.

 Next up is long limbed bunny. I had half this bunny made but she needed another arm, leg and ear. I planned that she would be a very plain bunny but sometime these guys personality takes over and this little girl did not want to be a plain Jane.

I thought she needed a ribbon round her neck so I took her to work to pick one out. Fortunately or unfortunately I work at a haberdassery and the people I work with are as crafty as me. Lucy, who I was working with today kept giving me ideas and now to improve her and this is how she turned out.

Here is Lucy and her know namesake Lucy the long limbed bunny (pattern coming soon)


Finally I had a bit of a personal challenge in my head to see how small I could get crochet to go. I wanted to make some earrings but I know the crochet ball would have to be tiny to make comfortable earring to wear.

With the help of another of my workmates Leah modelling here is the result (I'm quite chuffed with these although I don't know where I use them)



I'm very luck to work with such pretty girls who don't mind me using them as models :)

Its that time to link in with handmade Monday. I hoe you'll hope over with me and see what all the other lovely craft blogers have been up too :)



8 comments:

  1. That is such a sweet photo of your colleague standing in front of all those buttons with her bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunny is adorable, the ribbon round her neck just adds to her cuteness. I always love to see the things you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bunny is so sweet and I love her patchwork ears. The little balls are so clever and make great earings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me feel nostalgic for Duttons seeing that photo!
    All lovely, but do like those earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww i'm so in love with Lucy the long eared bunny! She really is a gem, so pretty and cuddleable :)

    Its amazing how small adjustments can make a huge difference to expressions isn't it, your blue jumper bear looks fab with his felt muzzle - a bear is allowed to be a little grumpy i think :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the teddies - he does look slightly grumpy, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bears and bunnies definitely have their own characters. It must be difficult to let them go. Like the earrings too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Small amirgurumi are very tricky but your ear-rings look great. I love the characters of your teddies and bunny. The fabric ears are lovely.

    ReplyDelete